The Baby Lock Evolve – ble8-2 is an eight thread overlocker/coverstitch machine that takes your creativity to new levels. This 2-in-1 machine offers an amazing variety of coverstitch and overlocking options. You can also combine overlock and chain stitches to form expressive 5,6,7 and 8 thread stitches. Keep reading to find out more about the Baby Lock Evolve and the latest Overlocker technology in today’s market.
Jet Air Threading™
Overlockers are renowned for being difficult to thread. There are usually anywhere between 20 to 30 threading points which need to be threaded in a specific order, each time a thread breaks or a different colour is required. This process is complicated, troublesome and time-consuming and can result in many annoyances including twisted threads and constant thread breakage.
The Baby Lock Jet Air Threading systems eliminate these problems. With this exclusive system, threading can be completed in less than ONE minute. Imagine how much time you will save if you don’t have to worry about threading!
Simply insert the thread into the threading ports, select the looper to be threaded, press the lever and a jet of air shoots the threads through the looper, repeat this simple process for the remaining loopers. How easy is that?
The Jet Air threading system was released onto the world market in 1992 and remains unchanged today. The threading ports are connected to the end of the loopers by two or three tubes, depending on the model of machine. These tubes connect when the threading system is engaged. A ‘jet of air’ is created when the pump lever is pressed the threads are taken through the tubes with the air flow.
These tubes also provide a number of other benefits as well as easy and quick threading. These tubes prevent threads from tangling. The machine can be threaded in any order whereas other overlockers must be threaded in a particular order. The threads do not need to be placed neatly under the foot before sewing, they can be left as they are when the threading is complete, and the threads will not tangle. One looper thread can be changed on the machine and rethreaded without the need to unthread and then rethread the needles. It is quicker to thread the looper rather than tying the new thread onto the old one!
The tubes used to carry the thread in Jet Air Threading Threading systems cannot be blocked under normal sewing conditions. As the machine is stitching, the threads are travelling through the same threading tubes preventing a build up of lint and fluff.
The only difference between Jet Air Threading and ExtraordinAir Threading is that the ExtraordinAir threading system is automatically activated allowing all loopers to be threaded instantly. For people who have difficulty using their hands, or are suffering the pain of arthritis etc, the ExtraordinAir system is easier and preferable.
Jet Air Threading allows you to:
- Thread in any order
- Thread the entire machine in under one minute
- Change any thread without re-threading the rest
- Stop worrying about tangled threads!
Jet Air Threading is a patented feature exclusive to Baby Lock machines only
Automatic Thread Delivery System (ATD)
All other brands of overlockers rely on a tension system to give you a perfect stitch. If you’ve ever used an overlocker you will know that tension adjustment is a nightmare. A complex ritual of dial adjustments is required to create a balanced stitch, and this needs to be performed every time you change fabric or thread. What a waste of time!
Baby Lock overlockers take the tension out of sewing. The Automatic Thread Delivery (ATD) system delivers a length of thread to form a balanced stitch, instead of putting tension on the thread. You simply select A, B, C or D depending on the stitch desired. No more Overlocking tensions.
Tension adjustments have long been a major obstacle for many domestic overlocker users. All overlockers (with the exception of Baby Lock’s range of machines with ATD) create stitches by pulling the thread through several tension discs. These discs need to be individually adjusted in order to form a balanced stitch. Further adjustments are required with each change in fabric, thread or stitch type.
Baby Lock introduced the Automatic Thread Delivery System in 1996. It was invented by Mr Sakuma who once again worked his magic, keeping Baby Lock at the forefront of the domestic overlocker market. The Automatic Thread Delivery System eliminates tensions. This system creates stitches by selecting and delivering the exact amount of thread required to form a balanced stitch.
The Automatic Thread Delivery System, in conjunction with 3 cable sensors, delivers a balanced stitch on any fabric and with any type of thread. Changes can be made to fabric type without skipping stitches. The Automatic Thread Delivery System lays the thread on the fabric as each stitch is formed. The fabric is not responsible for pulling the threads through the tension discs as on other overlockers. There is no stress on the fabric, allowing it to flow under the foot without being stretched or damaged.
The Automatic Thread Delivery System allows you to sew from delicate tissue or silk chiffon through to lycra and layers of denim or fleecy without having to make any adjustments in the machine settings.
Other Benefits Of The Baby Lock Evolve
- The ability to continually chain off with coverstitch needles
- Overlocking options using 2 to 8 threads resulting in 58 stitch options, changing easily with a simple selection of A, B, C or D
- Coverstitch available using 3 needles (triple coverstitch), wide (6mm), narrow (3mm) and single chain stitch
- Automatic rolled hem stitch for a professional finish
- Overlock stitch functions to seam & encase fabric edges
- Flatlock stitch functions for seaming & decorative effects
- Tubular loopers prevent thread tangling
- Vertical needle system – minimizing needle deflection on heavy fabrics
- Heavy duty cutting system copes with thick fabrics with ease
- Rolled hem adjustment with just a turn of a dial
- True 2 to 1 ratio differential feed – ranging from 0.6 to 2
- Adjustable stitch width – ranging from 1.5mm to 7.5mm on overlocking, and up to 16mm using coverstitch and overlock combined
- Adjustable stitch length 0.75mm – 4mm
- Easy to follow colour coded thread chart
- Snap-on multi-purpose foot including ribbon and tape guide
- Built-in thread cutter
- Built-in accessory storage
- Safety switches connected to the front door, side door and presser foot
- 1500 stitches per minute (approx)
- Needle system ELx705CF #12/80 #14/90
- 5-year conditional warranty, parts and labour
Machine Not Available For Online Purchase